Unmetered Reviews and Plans
|November 16, 2019|
|Submitted by:||gvrvwimpbot ( Whistler , BC)|
Review from Canadianisp.caHave used this provider for a number of years now with no issue. Would recommend to anyone.
|February 27, 2018|
|Submitted by:||gvrvwimpbot ( Whitecourt , AB)|
Review from Canadianisp.caAmazing Customer Service from these guys! Internet Connection and Speed is phenomenal. I would highly recommend them again and again.
|May 18, 2017|
|Submitted by:||gvrvwimpbot ( Burnaby , BC)|
Review from Canadianisp.caI chose unmetered as my ISP 1 year ago and I couldn_t be happier. Their connection is really stable and there_s no cap, which is absolutely great. Furthermore, whenever I needed their help it was really easy to reach them. I definitely recommend unmetered.
|Load More Reviews|
|Promo Plan Speeds|
Download: 150 Mbps
Upload: 15 Mbps
Unmetered is a well-known internet service provider in Canada. Their slogan is “Unmetered: The last ISP you’ll ever need”. Whether or not Unmetered lives up to this slogan is yet to be found out. Their headquarters are located at 6360 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5E1C5. Unmetered offers a variety of internet plans, television deals and VoIP solutions which makes it one of the few telecommunication providers in Canada to offer the “triple play” to customers. They pride themselves in providing unrivaled customer support; being ready at any given time to listen to a customer’s pleas.
Unmetered offers many DSL and Cable Internet residential plans. Below all the most current plans from Unmetered Residential plans.
- Penguin 5: 5 Mbps Down, 0.5 Mbps Up at $71 per month
- Penguin 6: 6 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up at $71 per month
- Penguin 15: 15 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps at $79 per month
- Penguin 15: 15 Mbps Down, 0.5 Mbps at $79 per month
- Turtle 20: 20 Mbps Down, 1.5 Mbps at $79 per month
- Penguin 25: 25 Mbps Down, 2.5 Mbps at $79 per month
- Husky 30: 30 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up at $84 per month
- Dolphin 60: 60 Mbps Down, 6 Mbps Up at $109 per month
- Lion 75: 75 Mbps Down, 7.5 Mbps Up at $90 per month
- Eagle 100: 100 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $100 per month
- Falcon 120: 120 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $100 per month
- Leopard 149: 150 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $125 per month
- Leopard 150: 150 Mbps Down, 15 Mbps Up at $110 per month
- Flying Saucer 250: 250 Mbps Down, 15 Mbps $120 per month
- Bear 299: 300 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $150 per month
- Flying Saucer 300: 300 Mbps Down, 20 Mbps Up at $120 per month
- Flying Saucer 600: 600 Mbps Down, 20 Mbps Up at $ 150 per month
- Eagle 940: 940 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $175 per month
Home Internet users have to be generally aware of the aggregate bandwidth consumption per month. This is important for a number of reasons; firstly a cheaper bandwidth limited plan might save the customer more money, and secondly, if they find it to be too high, the customer can always work on cutting down to avoid overage charges. However, with the Unmetered plans, a customer would not need to worry about any overage charges.
One of the few positive things we noticed about Unmetered is the relatively low additional fees that they have. For example, there is no charge per month for anyone who requires a dry-loop. Furthermore, the activation fee is paltry $25.00. Also, the fact that they offer their plans on a non-contract basis makes it easier for customers to feel at ease.
Unmetered is certainly a unique internet service provider with its awkward yet flashy website and bold descriptive words; however, when everything is said and done the basic plan they have to offer is just not worth the money. It is way too expensive, for example when compared to Altima Telecom at $19.99 for similar speeds. Advertising unlimited or unmetered plans are an old means to gain customers in a world where bandwidth consumption is on the rise.
|Web Email Access:|
|Online Chat Support:|
|Feature 24x7 Support:|
|Combo Wireless Modem:|
|Fixed IP Available|
|Extra Protection Plan|