Unmetered Reviews & Service Offerings
|Monthly Fee||Setup Fee||Contract||Speed||Monthly Usage|
|$71||Shipping: $ Other: $||No||
Unmetered is a well-known internet service provider in Canada. Their slogan is “Unmetered: The last ISP you’ll ever need”. Whether or not Unmetered lives up to this slogan is yet to be found out. Their headquarters are located at 6360 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5E1C5. Unmetered offers a variety of internet plans, television deals and VoIP solutions which makes it one of the few telecommunication providers in Canada to offer the “triple play” to customers. They pride themselves in providing unrivaled customer support; being ready at any given time to listen to a customer’s pleas.
Unmetered offers many DSL and Cable Internet residential plans. Below all the most current plans from Unmetered Residential plans.
- Penguin 5: 5 Mbps Down, 0.5 Mbps Up at $71 per month
- Penguin 6: 6 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up at $71 per month
- Penguin 15: 15 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps at $79 per month
- Penguin 15: 15 Mbps Down, 0.5 Mbps at $79 per month
- Trutle 20: 20 Mbps Down, 1.5 Mbps at $79 per month
- Penguin 25: 25 Mbps Down, 2.5 Mbps at $79 per month
- Husky 30: 30 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up at $84 per month
- Dolphin 60: 60 Mbps Down, 6 Mbps Up at $109 per month
- Lion 75: 75 Mbps Down, 7.5 Mbps Up at $90 per month
- Eagle 100: 100 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $100 per month
- Falcon 120: 120 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $100 per month
- Leopard 149: 150 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $125 per month
- Leopard 150: 150 Mbps Down, 15 Mbps Up at $110 per month
- Flying Saucer 250: 250 Mbps Down, 15 Mbps $120 per month
- Bear 299: 300 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $150 per month
- Flying Saucer 300: 300 Mbps Down, 20 Mbps Up at $120 per month
- Flying Saucer 600: 600 Mbps Down, 20 Mbps Up at $ 150 per month
- Eagle 940: 940 Mbps, 10 Mbps Up at $175 per month
Customers should generally be aware of their aggregate bandwidth consumption per month. This is important for a number of reasons; firstly a cheaper bandwidth limited plan might save the customer more money, and secondly, if they find it to be too high, the customer can always work on cutting down to avoid overage charges. However, with this plan, a customer would not need to worry about any overage charges.
One of the few positive things we noticed about Unmetered is the relatively low additional rates that they have. For example, there is no charge per month for anyone who requires a dry-loop. Furthermore, the activation fee is paltry $25.00. Also, the fact that they offer their plans on a non-contract basis makes it easier for customers to feel at ease.
Unmetered is certainly a unique internet service provider with its flashy website and bold words; however when everything is said and done the basic plan they have to offer is just not worth the money they are charging. Advertising unlimited plans are a means to gain customers in a world where bandwidth limitations are all the rage.
|Web Email Access:|
|Online Chat Support:|
|Feature 24x7 Support:|
|Combo Wireless Modem:|
|Fixed IP Available|
|Extra Protection Plan|