Best Condo Internet Providers
An internet service provider (ISP) offers the services required to access the internet. With more and more Canadians choosing the condo lifestyle, more independent condo internet providers have been popping up. This means there are many alternatives to signing with the major telecom companies. You will find unlimited service for your condo connectivity that is fast and affordable.
Many condo owners are often led to believe that they have no choice other than to sign up with the internet service provider chosen by the building management. This is not true. You have the choice to sign up with any of the condo internet providers available in your area.
You can find the best condo internet providers for your needs using our list of local ISPs in your area.
When living in a condo complex with hundreds of units you can find your internet connection is very slow. Independent condo internet providers can help you avoid some of the common challenges faced by condo dwellers such as slow speeds. You can consider the following factors when choosing a condo internet provider:
- Speed: Speed is important for anyone, but it becomes even more important if you stream videos or are a gamer.
- Availability: Condos can face infrastructure challenges that make some services unavailable in your area. New laws have made it easier for a wider selection of condo ISPs to access condo complexes, but you still have to make sure the ISP of choice is active in your area.
- Cost: If you are on a tight budget and your condo includes ISP costs in your maintenance fees, you might want to give it a try to see if it is fast enough. If it turns out to be too slow, shop around for a service that offers an affordable option with better speed.
- Latency: Latency is usually caused by too many people trying to access the internet at the same time. This is very common in large condo complexes all sharing the same service. You might have a good high--speed service, but with so many people accessing it at once, it slows down your ability to access the internet. If you experience latency, then you definitely want to look into an independent condo internet provider.
- Symmetrical Speeds: Look for an ISP offering symmetrical speed so you can upload and download equally fast.
Condo Internet Connectivity
You should also consider the types of condo connectivity available including:
- Fiber-Optics: Condo ISPs often have their own fiber-optic networks providing you with a more dependable and speedier internet connection. Fiber technology is also considered to be very fast.
- DSL: DSL stands for “digital subscriber line.” This service works in hand with a phone line but uses special technology that still allows you to take and make phone calls when online.
- Cable: Cable service is also available through local cable providers but can prove challenging in multi-unit buildings where internet access is shared. Using an independent provider is best if you wish to use cable.