Storm Internet Services Reviews & Service Offerings
|5 persons found the following review useful|
|March 31, 2017|
|Submitted by:||charles (Woodlawn , ON)|
Stay away...Head my warning! After dealing with Bell for many years and putting up with lies of 5m internet speeds , i joined Storm. Same B&^%l-Sh%t....Average speed around 2200 to 2900 kbs until you complain, then they " ... p it up again" (because they can!!) and after telling you to unplug your modem and telling you they see no issues at their end!
I do regular speed tests and send them results by screen shots" they simply disagree and tell you to unplug the modem and replug it.
These companies are a joke and should be mandated to charge only what they can supply. they also should be paying all the people who are misinformed for many years of half the service for the full price.
lastly, there are techs there that are simply F@#@ing arrogant and try to "trump" you with tech sayings and make you feel like its not a problem at there end. ... ty customer service.
Bite me storm!
ps. I have very little options when it comes to service providers because Bell owns everything in my small community
Bite me Bell!
|Load More Reviews|
|Monthly Fee||Setup Fee||Contract||Speed||Monthly Usage|
|$52||Shipping: $ Other: $||No||
Download: 25 Mbps
Upload: 10 Mbps
Storm Internet has been around for close to two decades now having been founded way back in 1996. Storm internet headquarters can be found at 1760 Courtwood Crescent, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K2C 2B5.
Storm internet is a service provider that is proactive when it comes to community involvement. They support cultural programs and fundraising events across Ottawa. Their involvement is present in many prominent events such as the Ottawa Bluesfest, H.O.P.E Volleyball tournament, Ottawa Fringe Festival and the AIDS walk Ottawa. It is rare to find internet service providers that are as involved with communities; this offers insight into how well they set their standards for customer service!
GoneVoIP will now focus the review in Storm internets plans.
Rural Wireless - Basic
- Starter: 3 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 50 GB Usage at $50 per month
- Silver: 5 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 75 GB Usage at $60 per month
- Silver +: 5 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 85 GB Usage at $65 per month
Rural Wireless - Premium
- Gold: 10 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 100 GB Usage at $70 per month
- Gold +: 10 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 150 GB Usage at $75 per month
- Platinum: 10 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up, 200 GB Usage at $95 per month
- Platinum +: 10 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up, 300 GB Usage at $100 per month
- Platinum 500: 10 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up, 500 GB Usage at $125 per month
- Site Survey is $45
- Installation Fee is $200
- LTE-5: 5 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 100 GB Allowance at $65 per month
- LTE-10: 10 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 200 GB Allowance at $ 80 per month
- LTE-15: 15 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 300 GB Allowance at $90 per month
- LTE-20: 20 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 400 GB Allowance at $100 per month
- LTE Radio rental $15 per month or annual $165
Cable Internet (Ottawa area only)
- Lighting 75: 75 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up, 300 GB Allowance at $53.95 or UNLTD: $63.95
- Lighting 150: 150 Mbps Down, 15 Mbps Up, 300 GB Allowance $59.95 or UNLTD:$69.95
- Lighting 250: 250 Mbps Down, 20 Mbps Up, 300 GB Allowance $72.95 or UNLTD:$85.95
- Installation Fee is $49.95
- Router Setup Fee, if required, is $25
Basic High-Speed DSL
- Basic: 6 Mbps Down, 0.8 Mbps Up, 2 GB Allowance at $27
- Starter: 6 Mbps Down, 0.8 Mbps Up, 75 GB Allowance at $32
- Advanced: 6 Mbps Down, 0.8 Mbps Up, UNLTD Allowance at $39
Premium High-Speed DSL
- Advanced 10: 10 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, UNLTD Allowance at $44
- Advanced 15: 15 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, UNLTD Allowance at $49
- Advanced 25: 25 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up, UNLTD Allowance at $52
- Advanced 50: 50 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up, UNLTD Allowance at $61
- Additional $5 monthly dry-loop fee if there is no Bell landline
All in all Storm internet has a very complete line up of internet access packages. Sometimes the monthly allowance may be lower than the norm, but that is something you'll have to find out.
|Web Email Access:|
|Online Chat Support:|
|Feature 24x7 Support:|
|Combo Wireless Modem:|
|Fixed IP Available|
|Extra Protection Plan|