Storm Internet Services Reviews and Plans
|October 21, 2020|
|Submitted by:||Glen Chapple (Brockville , ON)|
Storm Internet ServicesStorm Internet was flawless over the many years of service. Thank you Storm.
|March 31, 2017|
|Submitted by:||charles (Woodlawn , ON)|
Stay away...Head my warning! After dealing with Bell for many years and putting up with lies of 5m internet speeds , i joined Storm. Same B&^%l-Sh%t....Average speed around 2200 to 2900 kbs until you complain, then they " ... p it up again" (because they can!!) and after telling you to unplug your modem and telling you they see no issues at their end!
I do regular speed tests and send them results by screen shots" they simply disagree and tell you to unplug the modem and replug it.
These companies are a joke and should be mandated to charge only what they can supply. they also should be paying all the people who are misinformed for many years of half the service for the full price.
lastly, there are techs there that are simply F@#@ing arrogant and try to "trump" you with tech sayings and make you feel like its not a problem at there end. ... ty customer service.
Bite me storm!
ps. I have very little options when it comes to service providers because Bell owns everything in my small community
Bite me Bell!
|November 20, 2014|
|Submitted by:||gvrvwimpbot ( Winchester , ON)|
Review from Canadianisp.caBest service around, bar none, period.
|Load More Reviews|
|Promo Plan Speeds|
Download: 75 Mbps
Upload: 10 Mbps
Storm Internet has been around for close to two decades now having been founded way back in 1996. Storm internet headquarters can be found at 1760 Courtwood Crescent, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K2C 2B5.
Storm Internet is a service provider that is proactive when it comes to community involvement. They support cultural programs and fundraising events across Ottawa. Their involvement is present in many prominent events such as the Ottawa Bluesfest, H.O.P.E Volleyball tournament, Ottawa Fringe Festival and the AIDS walk Ottawa. It is rare to find internet service providers that are as involved with communities; this offers insight into how well they set their standards for customer service!
GoneVoIP will now focus the review in Storm internets plans.
- Starter: 3 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, Unlimited Usage at $54.95 per month
- Silver: 5 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, Unlimited at $69.95 per month
- Gold: 10 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 300 GB Usage at $79.95 per month
- Gold Unlimited: 10 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, Unlimited Usage at $94.95 per month
- Platinum: 10 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up, 500 GB Usage at $104.95 per month
- Platinum Unlimited: 10 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up, Unlimited Usage at $114.95 per month
- Site Survey is $45
- Installation Fee is $200
Cable Internet (Ottawa area only)
- Lighting 75: 75 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up, UNLTD at $63.95
- Lighting 150: 150 Mbps Down, 15 Mbps Up, UNLTD at $69.95
- Lighting 300: 300 Mbps Down, 20 Mbps Up, UNLTD at $85.95
- Installation Fee is $49.95
- Router Setup Fee, if required, is $25
Premium High-Speed DSL
- Advanced 10: 10 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, UNLTD Allowance at $43.95
- Advanced 15: 15 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, UNLTD Allowance at $48.95
- Advanced 25: 25 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up, UNLTD Allowance at $51.95
- Advanced 50: 50 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up, UNLTD Allowance at $60.95
- Additional $5 monthly dry-loop fee if there is no Bell landline
All in all Storm internet has a very complete line up of internet access packages. Sometimes the monthly allowance may be lower than the norm, but that is something you'll have to find out.
|Web Email Access:|
|Online Chat Support:|
|Feature 24x7 Support:|
|Combo Wireless Modem:|
|Fixed IP Available|
|Extra Protection Plan|