Kingston Online Services Reviews & Service Offerings
|5 persons found the following review useful|
|October 18, 2017|
|Submitted by:||Allison (PEC , ON)|
Terrible service, questionable billing practices.KOS billed full price for several months for service that didn't work, sent crews twice (one of which explained the company bought new equipment that didn't work, and wouldn't work...) and tech support suggested it was my router that was the issue, more than once.
Tried to be reasonable and come to an agreement with the company for some free months until they got their act together, and they agreed to credit me, then they didn't and I had to fight charges with visa. Dropped them in favour of another provider.
The best part? Needed copied of receipts from them for tax purposes (they don't send invoices or receipts if you pay by cc!!) and they withheld these receipts (they are legally obligated to give me) unless I showed up at their office and paid a $25 cash ransom.
Terrible company. Terrible service.
|Load More Reviews|
|Monthly Fee||Setup Fee||Contract||Speed||Monthly Usage|
|$39.95||Shipping: $ Other: $||Yes||
Download: 15 Mbps
Upload: 2 Mbps
Kingston Online Services provides its services to people of the South Western Ontario region. They have been doing so since their founding date of 1993 over two decades. In 1995 they extended their reaches to Quinte West region as well and as of now they are offering their services across the entirety of Ontario and Quebec. Kingston Online Services provides internet solutions, VoIP services and data hosting services as well. The headquarters of Kingston Online Services can be found at The LaSalle Mews
303 Bagot Street, 16A, Kingston, ON K7K 5W7, Canada. Time for us to now review one of Kingston Online Services flagship internet plans for residential users to see how they stand up against the competition.
Kingston Online Services offers a standard residential plan which comes with up to 6 mbps download speeds and up to 800 kbps of upload speeds. The usage cap on this plan is only 25 GBs per month and this plan has a price tag of $26.95 per month! The pricing on this plan is relatively high considering the usage allowance a KOS customer has. Following Gonevoip describes all KOS Home Internet plans;
- Cable 15: 15 Mbps Download, 2 Mbps Upload, 200GB Usage at $39.95 per month
- Cable 40: 40 Mbps Download, 10 Mbps Upload, 300GB Usage at $54.95 per month
- Cable 60:60 Mbps Download, 10 Mbps Upload, 300GB Usage at $74.95 per month
Cable Internet Additional Fees
- Unlimited for $15 more per month.
- Modem rental: $5 per month
- Modem Buyout: $79.95
- Setup Fee: $50 (waived if using cable internet already)
- Lite 6: 6 Mbps Download, 0.8 Mbps Upload, 25 GB Usage at $26.95 per month
- Mega 6: 6 Mbps Download, 0.8 Mbps Upload, 200 GB Usage at $39.95 per month
- Ultra 10: 10 Mbps Download, 0.8 Mbps Upload, 200 GB Usage at $49.95 per month
- Ultra 15: 15 Mbps Download, 5 Mbps Upload, 200 GB Usage at $54.95 per month
- Ultra 25: 25 Mbps Download, 10 Mbps Upload, 300 GB Usage at 64.95 per month
- Ultra 50: 50 Mbps Download, 10 Mbps Upload, 300 GB Usage at $74.95 per month
DSL Additional Fees
- Modem Rental included
- Mega 6 and Ultra 10 can get Unlimited Usage for extra $10 per month
- Ultra 15, 25 and 50 Unlimited usage is an extra $15 per month
- Setup $50
- Dry-Loop (if required) $90.65
The Dry loop fees can only be judged depending on the area you live in. The gargantuan installation fee of $90.65 for the dry loop is way more than anything we have seen from other service providers. Most providers charge between 10 to 30 dollars for the installation of dry loop services. The more upsetting factor was that the overage charges were not mentioned at all, not even in the fair usage policy!
The brutal honesty is that Kingston Online Services is relatively more expensive for similar plans offered elsewhere. Furthermore, the lack of transparency and information is quite unsettling considering the customer wouldn’t entirely know what they are getting into. What extra charges they might have to pay? Is as simple as if there a max usage there has to be as clear to show what is the overage charge, or customer gets speeds throttled down? Gonevoip believe's Kingston Online Services has to be forthright in making this fundamental information much more accessible to the general public, and potential customers.
|Web Email Access:|
|Online Chat Support:|
|Feature 24x7 Support:|
|Combo Wireless Modem:|
|Fixed IP Available|
|Extra Protection Plan|