WTC Communications Reviews and Plans
|July 13, 2020|
|Submitted by:||Steven Campbell (Maberly , ON)|
Dave exempilfied superior customer serviceOn a Sa ... ay night, our house was hit by a lightning strike causing our phone and internet to go down. I left an afterhours voice message (cell phone) with WTC.
Soon after the office opened on Sunday morning, we were contacted by the WTC support desk indicating that an onsite service person would be at our home before noon.
Dave arrived as promised, he quickly determined that the lighting shorted the line somewhere between the two telephone poles nearest our home. Dave climbed both poles and replaced the line between the two poles. This fixed the problem of getting a signal to the house and got the internet working but not the phone. Dave then determined that the underground line going into the house had also been damaged. After running that problem to ground, we were back in full service again.
All this took time and Dave maintained a positive demeanor giving me assurance that our problem would be fixed if he had any control over it. His professionalism proved my belief that Dave would find what turned out to be a multifaceted challenge was well founded.
Thanks WTC, thanks Dave!
|Load More Reviews|
|Monthly Fee||Setup Fee||Contract||Speed||Monthly Usage|
|$81.95||Shipping: $ Other: $||No||
Download: 40 Mbps
Upload: 10 Mbps
WTC Communications is an independent Ontario ISP. With the business office in Kingston, Ontario. WTC is said to had been providing telecommunications to Eastern Ontario for over 80 years. Certainly, we see they care about the communities they serve.
GoneVoIP will review WTC Communications Home Internet plans. Below is a list of all available plans, including the monthly rate.
Unlimited Internet Plans
- 6 Mbps Down, 0.8 Mbps Up at $61.95
- 15 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up at $73.95
- 40 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $81.95
- 60 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $94.95
- 120 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $99.95
- 5 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 50 GB Usage at $56.95
- 5 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 100 GB Usage at $68.95
- 10 Mbps Down, 2 Mbps Up, 250 GB Usage at $72.95
- 25 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up, 350 GB Usage at $82.95
- 25 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up, 500 GB Usage at $102.95
- 25 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up, Unlimited Usage at $114.95
- 20 Mbps Down, 20 Mbps Up, 100 GB Usage at $69.95
- 20 Mbps Down, 20 Mbps Up, Unlimited Usage at $99.95
- 100 Mbps Down, 100 Mbps Up, 300 GB Usage at $89.95
- 1GB Down, 1 GB Up, 1 TB Usage at $109.95
In all, GoneVoIP finds WTC Communications does bring alternatives for the communities in the coverage areas. More so with the Rural Highspeed packages, having good speeds and reasonable monthly rates. All other services seem to have inflated rates, so one would be wise to compare.
|Web Email Access:|
|Online Chat Support:|
|Feature 24x7 Support:|
|Combo Wireless Modem:|
|Fixed IP Available|
|Extra Protection Plan|