Virgin Mobile Home Phone Reviews & Service Offerings
|Monthly Fee||Setup Fee||Other Fees||Long Distance Rates|
Virgin Mobile, a division of Bell Canada, entered into the Home Phone wagon as other wireless carriers have done before. Fido, a Rogers division, had done and similarly, Koodo did too (a Telus division).
Let's review now Virgin Mobile Home Phone offers. At this time the Virgin Mobile Home Phone is available only in Alberta, British Columbia and in some regions of Quebec. There are two types of plans available with the Virgin Home Phone, a contract-less and 2-year contract. Let us now review these.
- Contractless (Month-to-month)
- First 12-months: $5 per month. Thereafter $20 per month (or whatever the regular price is at that time)
- (One-time charge) Home Phone Hub: $39.99
- One-time connection charge: $35
- On a 2-Year Contract
- First 12-month: $10 per month.
- Thereafter $20 per month (or whatever the regular price is at that time)
- Waived charge Home Phone Hub: $0
- One time connection charge: $35
The Home Hub is, in essence, an ATA adapter that allows connecting up to 2 regular Home Phone. The main difference is that Virgin Mobile Home Phone Hub uses a SIM card, similar to the one used on mobile phones. Shall be noted that once Virgin Mobile Home Phone is registered the SIM is locked to that particular Home Phone Hub, so it cannot be used anywhere else.
in terms of International Long Distance plans Virgin Mobile Home Phone offers 3 plans:
- International Long Distance Saver @ $3 per month
- Unlimited Talk to Hong Kong & China @ $15 per month
- 1000 Minutes to India @ $20 per month
Virgin Mobile Home Phone supports number portability, meaning you can keep your existing phone number. Virgin Home Phone may be a good alternative for some but you can get a lot more when comparing services with other providers. Also, the fact is only available in Alberta, British Columbia and in some regions of Quebec, this speaks of, ironically, limited mobility.
Because is Virgin Mobile, once you are a 'member' in theory you can cancel at any time. Though a warning; if opted for the two-year contract, you may cancel at any time but have to pay up the remaining of the Home Phone Hub balance.
We simply believe there are better Home Phone service providers out there, cheaper and offering more features.
|Caller ID Name:|