Rutexnet Reviews and Plans
|July 8, 2015|
|Submitted by:||gvrvwimpbot ( Montreal , QC)|
Review from Canadianisp.casigned up and purchased their router. My problem is the router_s range. The service as an ISP is fine ( less than a week of use to date )but their router is far less than expected. A wireless router that has a useful range of 20 - 30 feet seems very short. In taking to their support department and their sales department, the only solution that they offered was to purchase a range extender from a third party. No ability to return the router so that a more powerfull router could be purchased.
|June 17, 2015|
|Submitted by:||gvrvwimpbot ( ON , )|
Review from Canadianisp.caBeen using them for about 3 years now, and happy overall. Friendly customer service. Great alternative to Bell.
|Load More Reviews|
|Monthly Fee||Setup Fee||Contract||Speed||Monthly Usage|
|$65||Shipping: $20 Other: $||No||
Download: 150 MBPS
Upload: 15 MBPS
Rutexnet is a young gun in the world of telecommunications having been brought into existence in 2011. With their seven years of experience, they have managed to spread their roots across Quebec and Ontario, offering a variety of different internet plans based on fiber optics, cable, and DSL. Rutexnet, however, doesn’t offer any other service besides internet solutions such as VoIP services or television plans.
The headquarters of Rutexnet can be found at 1900 Clark Blvd, Unit 5, Brampton, Ontario, L6T0E9. Let us proceed now with review Rutexnet’s flagship internet plans for Home use!
Rutexnet offers a residential legacy DSL plan that comes with download speeds of up to 6 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 800 kbps. This plan comes with an unlimited bandwidth usage which requires a dry loop connection under certain circumstances (for example no Bell landline in the home). The plan is priced at a total of $35 per month. The price of this plan is not too overpriced but it certainly can be worked upon. Altima offers an unlimited bandwidth plan that comes with the same download speed of 6 Mbps for a paltry $29.95 per month. The six dollar difference may not seem like much but over time it can add up to a large amount. We did, however, learn that Rutexnet offers a truly unlimited plan considering there are no limitations set in the terms and conditions page on how much the actual usage cap is.
The additional fees that Rutexnet implements are quite promising to see. First and foremost they do not charge at all for installation or activation fees. Furthermore, they charge a fee of only an additional 7 dollars per month for the dry loop. Usually, we found providers charging anywhere between ten to fifteen dollars per month for the dry loop.
In all fairness Rutexnet doesn’t have a lot of extra work – they offer a competitive pricing scheme which can be reduced a bit but that’s about it. Everything else they are offering with this plan is spot on. Many providers never dream of offering an unlimited internet connection for anything less than $40.00 per month, but Rutexnet makes sure to keep customer growth in mind when offering their services.
The other Fibe Home Internet packages for Ontario & Quebec Rutexnet offers are:
- Legacy 6 - 6 Mbps Down / 0.8 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $35 per month
- Fibe 15 - 15 Mbps Down / 1 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $45 per month
- Fibe 25 - 25 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $50 per month
- Fibe 50 - 50 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $55 per month
All Fibe plans include Free Dry-Loop. Right now there is a Promo and the Install Fee is at $49, regular is $99.
The Cable areas covered will vary by region, for example in Ontario depends if you are in Rogers footprint or in Cogeco's.
GoneVoIP will proceed to review the home internet pricing plans of the Cable Internet plans on the Rogers (Ontario) area first.
- Cable Internet 5: 5 Mbps Down / 1 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $30 per month
- Cable Internet 30: 30 Mbps Down / 5 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $45 per month
- Cable Internet 75: 75 Mbps Down / 7.5 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $55 per month
- Cable Internet 150: 150 Mbps Down / 15 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $65 per month
- Cable Internet 300: 300 Mbps Down / 20 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $85 per month
Cable Internet in the Videotron Area (Quebec):
- Cable Internet 5: 5 Mbps Down / 1 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $29.99 per month
- Cable Internet 15: 15 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $37.99 per month
- Cable Internet 30: 30 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $47.99 per month
- Cable Internet 60: 60 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $56.99 per month
- Cable Internet 120: 120 Mbps Down / 20 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $63.99 per month
- Cable Internet 200: 200 Mbps Down / 30 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $78.99 per month
Cable Internet in the Cogeco Area (Ontario):
- Cable Internet 40: 40 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $50 per month
- Cable Internet 60: 60 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $60 per month
- Cable Internet 120: 120 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up - Unlimited @ $80 per month
If you have an active cable connection then you can save transfer fee. The installation fee in all cases is $20. You can also 'save' if buying a modem from Rutexnet, that will grant a discount of $30 towards the installation.
All that said, GoneVoIP finds RutexNet Home Internet plans very palatable; more so the Cable Internet options than any of the Fibe plans.
|Web Email Access:|
|Online Chat Support:|
|Feature 24x7 Support:|
|Combo Wireless Modem:|
|Fixed IP Available|
|Extra Protection Plan|