RadioActif Reviews and Plans
|Setup Fee||Long Distance Rates|
Radio Actif Home Phone
Radio Actif is a Quebec based provider that has been offering internet and phone services to both business and residential customers for over 15 years. Services are only available in the province of Quebec.
Services Provided by Radio Actif
Radio Actif home phone services are available only in hand with an internet package. However, their home phone packages include free activation on DSL and cable packages with prepayment at the time of ordering. Home phone packages range in price from $48.95 for the 6Mbps to $67.95 for the 50 Mbps and include:
- Unlimited high-speed internet (based on the Mbps included)
- Unlimited calls in the province of Quebec
- Unlimited transfer data
- Free dry loop
- Voice mail
- Caller ID
- Call waiting
Radio Actif Unique Features
Radio Actif uses a “dry loop,” a dedicated phone line without an active telephone service to provide high-speed DSL fiber internet services. Although Radio Actif home phone packages have no minimum commitment or penalty, you are charged a low fee for 911 services of $1.46 per month. They offer a $20 credit when you recommend them as a home phone provider to your family and friends.
Radio Actif Pros and cons
The pros and cons of Radio Actif as a home phone provider include:
- They are specifically dedicated to Montreal and the province of Quebec
- Dry loop fees are free.
- There is no activation fee with prepayment when you order.
- They offer a referral bonus of $20 if you recommend them to a friend.
- If you only need phone services, you have to choose a package that includes the internet. This means it is not going to be suited to everyone’s needs.
- You do have to be careful when reviewing the Radio Actif home phone prices, as the activation fee is $108.72 if you do not use their prepayment option.
- There is a Modem rental/Wi-Fi router fee of $5.95 per month and an initial shipping fee of $12
- There is a nominal monthly fee for 911 service
|Caller ID Name:|