QuaenetFI Reviews and Plans
|Promo Plan Speeds|
Download: 300 Mbps
Upload: 20 Mbps
QuaenetFI is a Canadian Telecommunications provider with Head Office in Georgetown, Ontario. enginet is a subsidiary of CanFibe, whose focus is the business. enginet provides Home Internet, Home Phone, and IPTV.
Let us review enginet internet services. enginet provides internet services to the provinces of Ontario and Quebec. enginet provides internet connectivity using the technologies of VDSL, Cable, and Wireless.
Let's review now the DSL packages, which are the same for Quebec and Ontario.
- VDSL 15: 15 Mbps Download / 10 Mbps Upload, Unlimited @ $40/month
- VDSL 25: 25 Mbps Download / 10 Mbps Upload, Unlimited @ $45/month
- VDSL50: 50 Mbps Download / 10 Mbps Upload, Unlimited @ $50/month
It also unclear if this is a contract or not, in the presence of information obscurity we assume this is a contract. But let's continue the enginet internet review, surprises do not stop here!
To accompany the VDSL monthly service fee there is a barrage of other ancillary fees. Let us review those here:
- New Customer Activation Fee: $25
- Shipping Fee: $13
- Change of Speed, Moving or Updates to the Account: $25
Certainly, enginet shows no mercy when it comes down to charging fees on top of monthly fees!
Let review now the Cable plans in Ontario, these are divided in Cable R (as in Rogers, using Rogers Cable network) or in Cable C (as in Cogeco, using Cogeco's Cable network)
Cable C y R Plans
- Cable 15: 15 Mbps Download / 2 Mbps Upload @ $42/month
- Cable 30: 30 Mbps Download / 5 Mbps Upload @ $50/month
- Cable 40: 40 Mbps Download / 10 Mbps Upload @ $48/month
- Cable 60: 60 Mbps Download / 10 Mbps Upload @ $60/month
- Cable 75: 75 Mbps Download / 10 Mbps Upload @ $55/month
- Cable 120: 120 Mbps Download / 10 Mbps Upload @ $85/month
- Cable 150: 150 Mbps Download / 10 Mbps Upload @ $67/month
- Cable 300: 300 Mbps Download / 20 Mbps Upload @ $90/month
Additional Fees for the Cable Plans:
- Activation Fee: $50
- Speed Changes: $25
Oddly there is no mention of usage or if these are unlimited plans? A
Lastly, let's review enginet Wireless Home Internet packages and fees.
- Bronze Up to 5 Mbps @ $55/month
- Silver Up to 10 Mbps @ $65/month
- Gold Up to 15 Mbps @ $75/month
- Platinum Up to 20 Mbps @ $85/month
The installation fee depends on the length of the contract. If there is no contract the installation fee is $300 up front, if there is a two-year contract service then goes down to $100 or if it is a one year term the install fee is $100.
There is no mention of the Wireless plan if the speed is download & upload or if there is a difference between the download and upload speeds. As with the cable plans no mention on the usage cap, only that Fair Access Policy Applies. Though did not provide a link to the policy for review nor specify what that actually means.
Overall Gonevoip likes the various options enginet presents but showing only the first 3-months promotional pricing is a tactic Gonevoip considers inappropriate since it may give the wrong impression to potential buyers. Additionally, GoneVoIP believes some of the fees could be waived by supporting BYOD. By not providing all information upfront enginet is missing the mark on transparency. Being put in the same category as many of the flight by night providers that use every opportunity to hide fees or miss inform terms.
Until plans fees are tweaked to match market leaders and all information is clearly stated and above the table, Gonevoip recommend looking elsewhere for your internet needs.
|Web Email Access:|
|Online Chat Support:|
|Feature 24x7 Support:|
|Combo Wireless Modem:|
|Fixed IP Available|
|Extra Protection Plan|