MySignal Reviews and Plans
|May 7, 2020|
|Submitted by:||J (Killaloe , ON)|
Worst Service I've ever hadBy far and away the worst internet service provider I've ever dealt with. I've had their 'service' for six months now. The first month it took an entire month to actually get my service working. Then, upon the first month that I had service, they autobilled me for THREE months.
Now, in the last five months I've dealt with their billing department for overcharging my account every single month except one.
I've begged, after all the autobillings, for the company to remove my credit card information from their autobilling cycles. While they have assured me it is, I've since been autobilled TWICE and now have had to cancel this credit card simply because of MySignal.ca's fraudulent usage of my personal information.
Here's the best part!!! They always send you to inquire with their billing department. While head office is in Peterborough ON, the 'Billing' department is in Vancouver, BC. Oh...did I forget to mention you CAN NOT SPEAK TO ANYONE IN THE BILLING DEPARTMENT??? You can only play the email chain game with someone who never responds.
I've lived in three different countries, have had approximately 20 different internet service providers in my life, and have never dealt with such an unprofessional and useless bunch. 0 stars, and if I could rate it as negative I would.
Horrible. I would recommend MySignal.ca if you're looking to expedite an aneurysm. Horrible Horrible Horrible
|May 3, 2020|
|Submitted by:||Dang (Montreal , QC)|
Worst isp I experienceCutoff all the time but use all excuses not to fix it, totally shut down last month but keep on charging me until I argued back, and said nothing the can do to back the service. Forced to cancel it and switch in the middle of the present pandemic... Useless!
|August 12, 2017|
|Submitted by:||AJ MacDonald (Montreal , QC)|
Worst Experience, Incompotent StaffWould give negative stars if possible. Accountants are incompetent, rude when showing a mistake and the customer is always wrong. If you want to read the full story, here you go.
We were trying to close our account (because there were repeated issues with our line) and we're waiting for a refund for a modem, but they insist we owe a month we already paid. Even before cancelling, they were informed of the error and have been shown proof of our payment from bank statements yet are insisting we owe them still. This was a payment made in May, it is the end of July. This is taking too long to fix a simple issue. Sent an email with all the proof of my payments to each of their emails as the accountant insisted she was right, they threatened to call the police for harassment.
After giving them weeks, they finally redid the account and decided to charge late fees that were paid before the next bill and hadn't originally charged. They changed bill costs and even when sending them the original invoices, showing them a properly written and accounted statement, with all invoice numbers and payment transaction numbers, even after fixing some mistakes while making new ones, they still insist they are right and we are wrong. Now they have blocked us and said pay or don't we wrote off the account. Ridiculous!
This isn't rocket science. Its addition and subtraction, in order by date. Even after properly including the new late fees they never originally charged, they still owe us $0.24! Yet said we owe over $80! Seriously?!!! It's not that hard to account this stuff guys. 2 different accountants came up with totally different results, yet Wil insists “they are the best! I don't need to listen to you!”
Well I hope they get properly audited. They shouldn't even be in business. The level of incompetence and poor customer service is ridiculous. They have no idea what they are doing and tech support can't actually do anything since they don't actually own the lines they are using. Their prices aren't that competitive anymore either.
We are with a new ISP (Videotron) getting more than 5x the download and our upload is the speed our download was for $10 more. Went from 25Mb/s down to 120Mb/s and actually getting 136Mb, and 20-25Mb/s down.
Could of been a simple mistake, but nope, too proud to admit mistakes and actually do things right. I have all invoices and statements from them as well as all bank statements and email confirmation of payments received from Interac. I have all the proof and evidence to back up my records. Checked them over 20 times. They don't care.
We have had many issues with the accountant over the past few years.
1) We moved once and on invoices and statements, our old address shows up often. How is it even changing? Just update it and that should be it.
2) We pay via Interac E-Transfer and the accountant forgot the password and told us we should keep it the same. It has never once been changed.
3) We have changed our internet subscription and though they update the price, they don't update the service we are paying for. Even after mentioning the error several times. They say they fixed it and send an new statement which exactly the same as the old one.
4) We have made payments that they lose track of, even after proving we made a payment, responses are slow and they insist we owe more money.
5) Charging extra late fees after they said we already paid up.
6) The records are poorly keep so isolating an issue is harder than it needs to be.
7) Putting the wrong info in invoices, like "promo" instead of "modem" and "late fee" instead of "shipping". I get it's the same amount, but that is not how you keep records.
8) We pay by Interac E-Transfer yet the statements say “All Major Credit Cards”. Again not proper accounting and record keeping.
9) they finally fix some mistakes, yet still won't admit it, and make new mistake on their audit. 2 accountants get different results and still can't get it right.
Just don't even bother, and tell others. One of the worst companies I've ever dealt with for anything.
|Load More Reviews|
|Promo Plan Speeds|
Download: 150 Mbps
Upload: 15 Mbps
MySignal offers various different services across Canada and has become a force to be reckoned with in recent times.
MySignal creates bundles between their internet services and VoIP service to entice customers with discounts and added features. This tactic of upselling is generally very effective and not everyone can get it right.
However, MySignal has proved on many occasions that it knows exactly what it is doing. MySignal headquarters are located in the town of Belleville, Ontario. GoneVoIP will now review MySignal’s flagship home internet plans for Ontario and Quebec.
DSL/FIBE (Ontario and Quebec)
- MyDSL 6: 6 Mbps Down, 0.8 Mbps Up at $44.95 per month
- MyFIBE 10: 10 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up at $47.95 per month
- MyFIBE 15: 15 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up at $49.95 per month
- MyFIBE 25: 25 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $59.95 per month
- MyFIBE 50: 50 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $66.95 per month
Ontario Cable (Cogeco Area)
- MyCABLE 15: 15 Mbps Down, 2 Mbps Up at $49.95 per month
- MyCABLE 40: 40 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $56.95 per month
- MyCABLE 60: 60 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $69.95 per month
- MyCABLE 120: 100 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $87.95 per month
Ontario Cable (Rogers Area)
- MyCABLE 15: 15 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up at $49.95 per month
- MyCABLE 30: 30 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up at $59.95 per month
- MyCABLE 75: 75 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $68.95 per month
- MyCABLE 150: 150 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up at $77.95 per month
- All Plans are unlimited
- No Activation Fee with the purchase of Modem ($99)
- If you have your own compatible modem then the installation is $49.95
- Dry-loop, if required, is $4.95
- Shipping is $9.95
In concluding GoneVoIP's review of MySignal's latest home internet plans we find these appropriate, albeit somewhat the name of the plans can be deceiving. For example the MyCABLE 120, you'll expect to have a matching download speed but nope, is actually lower to 100 Mbps instead. Same thing with MyCABLE 150 or the MyCABLE 75. We do give points for disclosing all information upfront, but why not just call the plans for what the are?
|Web Email Access:|
|Online Chat Support:|
|Feature 24x7 Support:|
|Combo Wireless Modem:|
|Fixed IP Available|
|Extra Protection Plan|