High Speed Crow Reviews & Service Offerings
|September 26, 2018|
|Submitted by:||Laurie Hill (Woodlands , MA)|
Greatest serviceI want to thank HSC for once again servicing my needs without any prompts. Thanks so much to Shawn and David, who had my radio replaced with an upgrade in no time, and with such friendly banter. It's like having family come around. This is the best internet service company in Manitoba. All your people are great to interact with, whether in the field or office. Thanks again, Laurie Hill
|9 persons found the following review useful|
|March 17, 2017|
|Submitted by:||David (West St Paul , MA)|
Garbage-Mounted ugly antena on house drilling holes in roof. When disconnect they left ugly base of antena on house and did not repair holes. Left tie wraps all over my yard.
-Service down alot alot alot. for long periods.
-Their equipment fails they charge YOU for it
-They charge extra for weather conditions. They work in manitoba but don't want to go out in the cold.
-When internet is down, info sheet says to try to fix yourself. contact computer company, router company, etc. Basically contact anyone but them.
-When i questioned fees they sent me an email with links to pages that could not be found.
This company is a rip off.
|10 persons found the following review useful|
|October 16, 2015|
|Submitted by:||john (selkirk , MA)|
...total s**t we pay $95 a month and slow as ... Gonna try MTS hotspot cant be any worst than highspeedcrow.ca
|Load More Reviews|
|Monthly Fee||Setup Fee||Contract||Speed||Monthly Usage|
|$25||Shipping: $ Other: $||No||
Download: 10 Mbps
Upload: 1 Mbps
High Speed Crow is an internet service provider which serves the Winnipeg and surrounding areas of Manitoba. High-Speed Crow’s HQ is in St. Clements, Manitoba.
In our review of High-Speed Crow, we will look at their residential wireless and Fiber internet packages and determine the full cost of their services including any additional fees.
High Speed Crow has in Total 12 Home Internet Packages, 7 of these are wireless and 5 Fiber. Following we will review each of them.
- The basic residential plan costs $53.63 per month and allows for 35 GB of data usage per month and includes download speeds of up to 3 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 0.5 Mbps.
- High Speed Crow also offer the 4G plan, the Home Office/Gamer plan and the Entertainment plan.
- The 4G plan is $63.63 allows for 45 GB of data usage and includes up to 4 Mbps download speeds and up to 0.6 Mbps upload speeds.
- The Home Office/Gamer plan costs $73.63 and gives you 60 GB of data usage with download speeds of 6 Mbps and upload speeds of 0.7 Mbps.
- The Entertainment plan comes in at $83.63 but offers 80 GB of data usage and up to 8 Mbps of download speeds and 1 Mbps of upload speeds.
- The Wireless Business plan comes in at $93.63 per month and offers 80 GB of data usage and up to 8 Mbps of download speeds and 1 Mbps of upload speeds.
- Wireless Super Crow plan gives more speed, at 15 Mbps download and 2 Mbps of Upload with a usage allowance of 200GB coming at $136.50 per month
- The Wireless Super Crow PLUS gives then even more speed at 25 Mbps Download and 5 Mbps Upload with an allowance of 250GB for $176.50 monthly
- The essential package of the Fiber plan goes for a modest $25 giving you 10Mbps download and uploads of up to 1Mbps. Coming with a usage cap of 300GB monthly.
- The Production Fiber plan gives a download of 10 Mbps and Upload of 25 Mbps with the usage of up to 400GB for $35 monthly
- The Fiber Crucial plan offers a download speed of 50 Mbps and a matching Upload speed with a 1 Terabyte of usage allowance for $55 monthly
- The Fiber Streaming accelerates speeds to symmetrical 100 Mbps with an allowance of 2TB/s for $85 monthly
- Finally the Fiber Ultimate with blasting fast symmetrical 1000 Mbps with an allowance of 5 TB/s for $250 a month
Regardless of the plan you select, the installation fee for Wireless is $297 and if your installation takes place between December 1st and March 31st, there will be an additional $25 winter surcharge so plan accordingly. However, High-Speed Crow has a special offer which waives the installation fee ($297) for new customers who sign up for a minimum six-month long-term with either the Home Office or the Entertainment plans. In this scenario, it seems you would get the most value with the Entertainment plan although it would run $78 per month but give you the best speeds available with $300 saved in the installation.
There is a whole page dedicated to additional fees for extra features such as the wireless router for $65, a tripod for $65, an outdoor cat5e UV direct burial rated cable for $0.65 per foot, a mast for $35 and countless other gadgets. On a separate page, we find that all plans have an additional $45 roll out fee.
High Speed Crow offers four tiers of monthly data add-ons. The Mighty boost gives you an additional 25 GB of data for $20. The Mega boost gives you an additional 50 GB for $35. The Super boost gives you an additional 100 GB for $65. Finally, the Supreme boost gives you an additional 200 GB for $100. Of worth mentioning the Fiber packages may be subject to additional charges, based on the location.
In our review of High Speed Crow Internet, we commend the honesty and openness in High Speed Crow entire fee structure with the internet plans and additional setup and add-on features. The problem is fees do stack up very quickly. Your best scenario is if you sign up for the home office plan or higher in order to take advantage of High Speed Crow Internet special offers such as waiving the activation fee.
|Web Email Access:|
|Online Chat Support:|
|Feature 24x7 Support:|
|Combo Wireless Modem:|
|Fixed IP Available|
|Extra Protection Plan|