Falcon Internet Services Inc. Reviews & Service Offerings
|1 person found the following review useful|
|November 11, 2017|
|Submitted by:||J (London , ON)|
No customer serviceI have been with falcon for two months now. The internet frequently goes down. To the point now that my children have given up even trying. We have called the customer service many of times with never getting an answer and very few call backs. Every time we are told it should be up and running now.
The service slows down in the evenings and constintanty crashes. It has turned family movie night into frustration night.
We are very disappointed and would highly not recommend Falcon internet.
|2 persons found the following review useful|
|November 1, 2015|
|Submitted by:||rob (Thorndale , ON)|
Customer ServiceInternet has stopped working on three occasions since signing up in April. No one answers the phone when called. Come to think of it no one has ever answered the phone on other matters I have called on.
Reply from: ed
March 2, 2016
Followup to previous comments. My friend who has Falcon wireless with the 1.5 Mb down $60 pkg advises that watching netflix, youtube, etc online from 3 pm on until 10 pm will be impossible as the area residents all get online and overload the system during those times. Outside of those hours the 1.5 Mb down works just fine for netflix, etc. but during those times it's typical jittery, non loading. Too bad.
Reply from: ed
January 30, 2016
Hey Rob. I have read about Falcon wireless service stopping occasionally in fact I have a friend living in your area who has had two outages, both taking several hours to repair and he too complains about the lack of someone picking up the phone. Apart from that how does the speeds your paying for hold up. Are they consistent? Do sites like Netflix, or YouTube run smoothly?
|Load More Reviews|
|Monthly Fee||Setup Fee||Contract||Speed||Monthly Usage|
|$59.99||Shipping: $99 Other: $||No||
Download: 60 Mbps
Upload: 10 Mbps
Falconnet was founded in 2010 making it a relatively new internet service provider. They offer VoIP and internet services and have made quite a name for themselves in the short time that they have been around. Their headquarters can be found at PO Box 354 Mt Brydges, Ontario N0L 1W0. In the small time frame that Falconnet has been around, they have managed to build a rather impressive network infrastructure which today offers DSL, Cable and Wireless internet access.
One of the great things about Falconnet is that all technical difficulties can be followed on their website, such as when the repairs will commence and when they have completed, so customers don’t have to stay in the dark with no internet connectivity!
Let us describe and detail now Falcon Home Internet plans available (the DSL and Cable plans are for Ontario, Quebec prices vary slightly)
- DSL Falcon 6: 6 Mbps Down, 0.8 Up, 300GB Usage at $23.99 per month
- DSL Falcon 15: 15 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 300GB Usage at $39.99 per month
- DSL Falcon 25: 25 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up, 300GB Usage at $49.99 per month
- DSL Falcon 50: 50 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up, 300GB Usage at $59.99 per month
- Falcon 5 Cable: 5 Mbps Down, 0.8 Mbps Up, 300GB Usage at $24.99 per month
- Falcon 10 Cable: 10 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up, 300GB Usage at $34.99 per month
- Falcon 30 Cable: 30 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up, 300GB Usage at $47.99 per month
- Falcon 60 Cable: 60 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up, 300GB Usage at $59.99 per month
- Falcon 150 Cable: 150 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Up, 300GB Usage at $69.99 per month
- Unlimited option available for $25 more per month
- 1.5 Mbps Down, 0.3 Mbps Up at $59.99 per month
- 3 Mbps Down, 0.3 Mbps Up at $79.99 per month
- 5 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Up at $109.99 per month
- 6 Mbps Down, 0.9 Mbps Up at $ 149.99 per month
- 8 Mbps Down, 1.5 Mbps Up at $ 199.99 per month
- Basic Install fee is $150. You can opt to pay $20 more per month if you do not want to pay the installation upfront.
The question that is important to ask when opting into any internet service provider is how much bandwidth you actually need? Altima Telecom offers a plan with unlimited usage with a download speed of 25 Mbps and 10 Mbps up for only $44.95 per month. Depending on what kind of user you are, the choice is very simple.
Additional charges that Falcon implements are Activation fees, which would cost an extra $99.00 though is a onetime fee, is very expensive!. Furthermore, there is a modem cost of $75.00. The overage charge was mentioned, at $0.55 per extra GB over the 300 GB limit. But it is highly doubtful that average residential users can even use up to half of the 300 GB limit they have.
Falconnet’s 60 Mbps Cable Internet plan is not a bad choice for users who have light bandwidth consumption rates. The pricing is not terrible but it can certainly be worked on. With a usage modestly adequate there was virtually no disappointment when we learned that there are no unlimited usage times being offered by Falconnet. Though the unlimited data for $25 more a month is coming out of another era, really. Today most providers are offering unlimited packages from the get-go.
|Web Email Access:|
|Online Chat Support:|
|Feature 24x7 Support:|
|Combo Wireless Modem:|
|Fixed IP Available|
|Extra Protection Plan|