ConnecTech Reviews and Plans
|Long Distance Rates
ConnecTech is a very young Internet Service Provider. Established in 2017 and based in Belleville, Ontario. We do like the premise of ConnecTech, they said there are no hidden fees and unlimited calling at fair market prices. We shall review now how the Home phone plans from ConnecTech do.
In our review of ConnecTech Home Phone we found 3 plans immediately available and one plan "Talk World" announced which become available in Oct of 2018. Let us review how each of the Home Phone plans from ConnecTech.
- Talk Local @ $9.95 per month
- Talk Canada @ $14.95 per month
- Talk Canada & US @ $24.95 per month
- Talk World @ $49.95 per month
The purchase of a VoIP Adapter from ConnecTech.ca is required for the VoIP phone service to work. The VoIP Adapter (Grandstream Adapter ) is $49.95 with any Internet Plan. (Shipping is $9.95)
All plans are said to include:
- Unlimited calling in your local or plan area. Though no details on the existence of Fair Usage policy.
- FREE calling to all ConnecTech.ca phone subscribers.
- All your call features are included, however, there is no detail as to what the features are.
- Very Low Long Distance rates out of your calling area. Though no way to check long-distance rates.
- Local 911 service included. But no details about if it is E911 or Basic 911
So what do we have to say about ConnecTech Home Phone monthly rates? Frankly, the rates are some of the worst we've seen from providers. Take VoIP Much for example at $9.45 for Canada & US, it is a $15.50 difference per month for the equivalent ConnecTech plan! We also have to add that there is no way to order online any of the services. You will have to call ConnecTech and do all over the phone. The World Talk plan pricing is rather out of this world, it is rather unusual why a provider would market something like that. We also were not able to see or check Long Distance rates nor a Terms & Conditions of Service.
In all, we see a flawed attempt from ConnecTech to bring Home Phone variety to the markets. Though with efforts like this one you get to understand why people do not switch from the big telecom providers. Either ConnecTech removes these rather embarrassing plans and does not offer Home Phone or puts something appealing and competitive.
|Caller ID Name: