Kelcom Reviews & Service Offerings
|Monthly Fee||Setup Fee||Contract||Speed||Monthly Usage|
|$40||Shipping: $30 Other: $||Yes||
Download: 15 Mbps
Upload: 2 Mbps
Kelcom Net is a veteran in the world of telecommunications having been founded way back in 1969. They’ve had a long stint in providing VoIP and internet services across Canada. They also offer security solutions as well as having their own call center division.
Many of Kelcom’s competitors are up and coming internet service providers from the last decade, thus they are well versed in what they need to bring to the table to offer the right competition. The headquarters of Kelcom can be found at 363 Eugenie Street East Windsor, ON N8X 2Y2 Canada. Let us now review one of Kelcom’s flagship internet plans provided to residential users!
Kelcom, under the Revolution IP brand, offers a wide range of Home Internet plans. In total, we account for 13 Home Internet plans read below to find all the details of the current plans.
Cable West - Available in Cogeco Areas
- 15/2: 15 Mbps Down, 2 Mbps Upload @ $40 per month
- 40/10: 40 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Upload @ $45 per month
- 60/10: 60 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Upload @ $60 per month
- 120/10: 120 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Upload @ $100 per month
Cable East - Available in Rogers Areas
- 5/1: 5 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Upload @ $40 per month
- 30/5: 30 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Upload @ $50 per month
- 75/10: 75 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Upload @ $55 per month
- 150/15: 150 Mbps Down, 15 Mbps Upload @ $75 per month
FTTN - Available in Bell Fibre Areas
- 15/10: 15 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Upload @ $50 per month
- 25/10: 25 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Upload @ $55 per month
- 50/10: 50 Mbps Down, 10 Mbps Upload @ $60 per month
DSL - Available in Bell Areas
- 6/0.8 (Wet): 6 Mbps Down, 0.8 Mbps Upload @ $30 per month
- 6/1 (Dry): 6 Mbps Down, 1 Mbps Upload @ $40 per month
In all plans GoneVoIP could also account for the following:
- Modem is included
- Unlimited bandwidth usage
- Activation Fee is $30
- Cancellation Fee is $50+HST for cancellations within 12-months. If in a 2-year contract Cancellation Fee is $100+HST. In a 3-year contract is $150+HST
- If service is bundled or pre-paid then a $5 discount is applied to the monthly rate
Something GoneVoIP did notice is the cancellation fees of the plans. If someone is not satisfied with Kelcom service after a month or two from the installation date, they’ll be paying a hefty amount to get out of the agreement. So rather think twice before signing in at once.
In the terms and conditions page of Kelcom services reads "All Internet services are currently unlimited, however, Internet services in Canada are regulated by CRTC and as such subject to change. Usage limits on Internet services may be introduced without notice based on laws, regulations and market conditions." What we understand from that is that Kelcom reserves the right to use throttling or internet traffic shaping as they see fit.
In summary, GoneVoIP believes Kelcom is a veteran service provider with a plethora of plans for anyone, translating in a convenience seldom found in ISPs. Having said that the cancellation fees and the (potential) throttling of the internet service do make Kelcom internet services less attractive overall. Offering lower prices when in a bundle to entice customers into contractual or pseudo-contracts (pre-paid) agreements is a very common tactic Need to say, that tactic or practice is rejected by many in the millennial generation.
|Web Email Access:|
|Online Chat Support:|
|Feature 24x7 Support:|
|Combo Wireless Modem:|
|Fixed IP Available|
|Extra Protection Plan|